Sunday, February 10, 2008

New life for an old dresser

I have been having a lot of fun lately working on re-doing our girls room. We are doing it in a butterfly theme in pinks, purple and lavender. We are trying to use pretty much just things we have on hand and making things to go with the theme. Last week I took an old dresser that we had and decided to re-paint it to go with the theme. Above is the before picture.
Here is Megan on her "new" dresser. After painting it a very light lavender (with leftover paint from my office.) I then stamped it with butterfly, dragonfly and flower stamps.
Here is a closeup of the side of the dresser. It looks so much fresher now.
Hopefully I will get to tell you about the other things we are doing soon. If you have any great ideas for a butterfly room I would love to hear them.

8 comments:

All in a Day said...

That is really cute!

Martha said...

It is very pretty!

Katie Gregg said...

That is so adorable!

I've been meaning to refinish my own dresser for, let's see, seven years now. :) Maybe your good work will inspire me to finally do it!

Angie said...

That is cute Abi! I thought it might be fun to do a craft of somesort(butterfly) and hang them from fishing string from the ceiling the girls' room would be so whimsicle! Just a thought. There are lots of ways you can make butterflies as a craft.

Angie said...

I also have a couple of dressers I need to "update". I am waiting for spring though it is just too cold to paint outdoors. I am not a good enough painter to do it in the house and our garage isn't heated.

miranda said...

I think that turned our perfect for the girls...I just love reading your blog. I come to it often. I decided that I wanted to try it out also..we will see how often I get to it. miss you guys!

Angie said...

Miranda let me know when you get your blog up I would love to see it.

Anonymous said...

If you are searching for Kids Dressers at reasonable prices, then log on to Spacify.com.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin