Sunday, June 14, 2009

"Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need
to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth."
2 Timothy 2:15
I have been thinking a lot about the importance of truth lately. More specifically the truth in God's word. A conversation with a couple of ladies at the ball field really got me thinking where one of them basically said that it doesn't matter where you go to church (or what you believe), what is important is how you personally feel about your relationship with Jesus when you lay your head on your pillow at night. I don't have the brain power or energy to explain all my thoughts on this right now (We just got home after a very busy weekend!) but I hope to share some of my studies on it soon.
This morning we went to church with my sister's family in Woodbury, MN and it was fun to hear a Sunday School Class and a Sermon that were speaking of Truth and the importance of knowing the truth and having sound doctrine. Love is very, very important but without truth it won't work. Then this evening we were able to make it back in time for evening services here and again the subject included truth and making sure our beliefs are centered on what the Bible says. It was neat to have it all go together so well! I am excited about that topic right now and can't wait to write about it but right now it is time for bed!

A sweet little orchid in my parents forest.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Truth is important and challenging to determine at times! I had forgotten all about those little orchids!! I haven't seen them in so many years! Anna

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin