Sunday, November 29, 2009

In His steps

"For this finds favor, if for the sake of conscience toward God
a man bears up under sorrows when suffering unjustly.
For what credit is there if, when you sin and are harshly treated,
you endure it with patience?
But if when you do what is right and suffer for it you patiently endure it,
this finds favor with God.
For you have been called for this purpose,
since Christ also suffered for you,
leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps."
1 Peter 2:19-21
This is something that I have read a couple times lately, and then when in North Carolina the sermon that I heard at church was on this subject too. It makes me think.... I don't feel like I have suffered much, I don't know that we need to seek suffering but I hope and pray that I am living the life that I should as a Christian. It is my whole desire that I should follow in HIS steps.
I would love to hear your thoughts on this verse!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Greetings Abbi! Those are wise words. In my 54 years I've had many ups and downs and I've come to understand that my sufferings is nothing compared to what Christ endured for US!.....He endured to save us....I can too....for He is my example.
Thanks for this post.

Mel said...

Beautifully spoken, I have come to realize, "His way is the only way" I pray for those less fortunate, those who may not believe in Our God, May they also become his followers.

Blessings, Mel

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin