Sunday, March 30, 2014

Rescued From Darkness

Sunrise over the Atlantic
I don't know about you, but I love light! I love lots of windows in my house and I very, very rarely ever pull a shade or close a curtain. Ken closes our bedroom curtains each night and generally the first thing I do upon waking is to pull them open again. I have never really been afraid of darkness, in fact I enjoy a walk or going sledding under the stars, but I love light!

  Physical darkness and physical light are not the only kinds of darkness and light that we deal with in our lives however. There is a spiritual darkness we all experience at some point or another. Sometimes we are aware of it and want to get rid of it and sometimes it sneaks in there and we don't seem to realize that we are living in darkness. Life is so much better however when we can live in the light and I am so very, very thankful for what Jesus has done for me so that I can do that.

  What a wonderful message of hope we see in Colossians 1:13-14: "For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins." When we choose to follow Jesus, accept the gift of salvation that He offered to us then we can be rescued from darkness and have light in our lives. What a wonderful gift!

Sunset in Minnesota
Have you been rescued from darkness? Do you live in the light? If you have any questions on how to do that or any thoughts on this passage I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin