Sunday, March 23, 2014

Seek First....

Happy Spring to all of you! Spring started up here with a very frosty morning and then another snowstorm. It was beautiful! I heard some complaints to be sure (especially with windchill temperatures going nicely below zero again) but I figure we might as well enjoy it. Let's appreciate how God can wash the world and make it look so beautiful and clean. The frost and then snow just clung to the trees and it looked like an artist had been through - and indeed One had. Pretty soon that will all be gone however and we will be enjoying beautiful flowers again like we did on our trip to Florida (which is the source of the photo above).

  I didn't make it on here as much as I would have liked last we but that was because we were getting ready for a Retreat that our church was hosting this weekend. It started Friday night and officially finished after lunch today but really will be over after our supper tonight which is a time when the local church people (and a few stragglers from out of town - like my sister and family) get together and eat leftovers and clean up. We had a good weekend!

  The theme this year was Revival. The messages that I heard (I missed one because I was teaching class) were mostly focused on having revival in your own life. The need for each of us to turn back to God, to fall in love with Jesus all over again and then do what He asks of us. If we each have revival in our lives then revival in a broader arena will happen as well.

I think this verse sums it up pretty well: "But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." Matt 6:33 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin