Sunday, November 9, 2014

Too Numerous to Count

Winter has arrived!
"Many, O Lord my God,
are the wonders which You have done,
and your thoughts toward us;
There is none to compare with You.
If I would declare and speak of them,
They would be too numerous to count."
Psalms 40:5

We have a wonderful God! I hope that you agree. He has done super abundantly amazing things in our lives. He loves us so much and provides for us each and every day. We simply cannot count all the things that He has done for us.

  Sometimes we have to have the right attitude to be able to see His gifts. We had a beautiful snowfall yesterday and though I normally like snow quite a bit I wasn't really in the right mood for appreciating this snowfall. I was trying to help Ken outside (siding our garage) and the snow was just rather cold and wet. I was filling a bit grumpy about being cold but after watching my kids for a while who were just totally enjoying the snow and marveling in it's beauty -I was able to let the Holy Spirit change my attitude and remember to appreciate this beautiful gift. It is truly beautiful too! Trips to the outhouse after dark now may be chilly (they were before too) but they are also gorgeous. Snow coating the ground and trees seen in the moonlight or starlight is something worth seeing and enjoying.

  Even though we are unable to count all that God has done for us - I like to find some everyday to count anyway. It is fun to see just how high you can get. I encourage you too to start noticing some of the wonders that God has done in your life!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin