Sunday, January 4, 2015

Why I Believe

In 2015 I thought it would be fun to do something a little different for my Bible posts on Sunday. I decided to would go through a bunch of different things that I believe (such as I believe there is a God, I believe that God's word is true, I believe Jesus came to bring Salvation, I believe that Men and Women each have their own special roles and much more) and share with you why I believe those things. I am going to be pulling out my Bible in preparation so that I can share with you the scriptural basis for all my beliefs and I hope that you will do the same as you consider them with me.

  In my life as a Christian I want to only believe what is true and what lines up with God's word - if someone can show me that my beliefs are wrong according to God's word than I plan on listening. I hope that you too respect God's word and are willing to believe that over any teaching of man or any tradition that you might have grown up with.

  I am looking forward to this becoming a discussion. I welcome any thoughts or questions. If you disagree with me I would love to hear why (respectfully of course).

  Here is some of the reasons that I am motivated to study once again on what I believe....

~I want to always be ready to answer those that might have questions. To do this I need to study God's word regularly so that I don't forget why I believe certain things.

"But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,"
 1 Peter 3:15

"Act wisely toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity. Your speech should always be gracious and sprinkled with insight so that you may know how to respond to every person." Colossians 4:5 & 6

~I know God's word has the answers and will help me and you in life.

"All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right." 
2 Timothy 3:16


~I want to be able to teach and ready to gently instruct so that sinners may come to repentance.

"And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. 25 Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, 26 and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will." 2 Timothy 2:24-26

I am looking forward to having you join with me as we search to know "Why We Believe".

3 comments:

Nola said...

This is a great idea! I look forward to reading it.

H Diamond Farms said...

How neat! I really look forward to trading these! Your blog is such an encouragement to me, and I look forward to getting new posts in my email. Thanks for letting God work through you!!

Abbi said...

Thanks ladies for the encouragement! I will be looking forward to hearing your thoughts on each topic as well!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin