Thursday, July 23, 2015

Freezer Cooking Makes For Easy Preparations When Company Comes

 Have you ever followed one of those once a  month cooking plans before? Well my friends Lyndi and Mindy and I were at a homeschool ladies day some months back and the speaker really encouraged the idea of doing it. I have put meals in the freezer before and I really like to do that when I get organized but I had never devoted a whole day to that before. Nor have I ever gotten together with friends to do it before. But anyway - we thought it sounded like fun so we decided to give it a try.

Lyndi, me and Mindy - I look a bit tired - we all were (I'm just the one that looks that way!)

Mindy had a cookbook that had a 2 week freezer cooking plan and Lyndi got us organized and we decided to give that a try first. We decided we would do it in my kitchen.

   It was a fun but quite tiring day. There are quite a few things I would like to change (many of the recipes weren't all that healthy -I tweaked some of them- and more expensive than my normal) but over all the concept is pretty neat and I think we could come up with a plan that would be better suited to our needs. So that is still a work in progress but it was a start.

  I am loving having a lot of easy meals in the freezer. When we had company at our place and we wanted to go berry picking and had other busyness going on it was super nice to just pull a meal out of the freezer. Whatever you method of putting them in there I think have some food that is very easy to prepare (main dishes that just need to go into the oven, cookies, muffins, etc.) is really nice for when company comes and life is busy. I recommend it!

  I would love to hear about any experience you have had with freezer cooking! 

1 comment:

Domestic and Geeky said...

I've never thought about freezing my dinners. I usually just freeze breakfast burritos for our son's small college dorm frig. Thanks for the inspiration :) I can't wait to give it a try! God Bless

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin