Monday, August 10, 2015

Why I Believe there is a Heaven

 I have never been to heaven, nor have I ever seen pictures of it. I have never talked with someone that has been there but yet I believe in it.  My believing in Heaven goes back to my believing in God and in His word - the Bible. The Bible is what tells me about God's promise of eternal life in heaven after our life here if we choose to follow Him. Here are some verses that tell us about the promise of heaven:

"In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going." 
John 14:2-4

"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death." Revelations 21:1-8

"Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage, they will be like the angels in heaven. But about the resurrection of the dead--have you not read what God said to you,
 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? He is not the God of the dead but of the living." Matthew 22:29-32

"But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself." Philippians 3:20-21

What a wonderful time that will be. It is easy to get caught up in life that is here and now but when you start thinking and reading about heaven it gets pretty exciting!

Beulah Land is a song that I have been really enjoying lately that speaks of heaven. I thought you might enjoy listening to it as well.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin