Sunday, April 17, 2016

Daily Bible Reading Challenge

 Do you ever feel like you can't quite get enough time to study God's word. That was my feeling this week. As I study with friends and topics come up that we want to figure out answers on (some where we have differing opinions and I just want to quickly find every verse that talks about that subject so I can get the truth figured out in my own mind) and I am trying to figure out how to study a subject thoroughly but also somewhat quickly. Anyway - it has inspired me to greater study and a wish that my morning quiet time could be a couple hours rather than the around one hour that it usually gets.

  Here are some of my favorite verse picks for this week....

What caused me to worship our Lord more?
"Again Isaiah says, "There shall come the root of Jesse, and He who arises to rule over the Gentiles,  In Him shall the Gentiles hope." Romans 15:12

I am so very thankful for the hope that we have through Jesus Christ. That is certainly a reason to worship!

What verse touched me?
"Or do you not know what the Scripture says in the passage about Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel? "Lord, They have killed your prophets, have torn down your altars, and I alone am left, and they are seeking my life." But what is the divine response to him? "I have kept for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal." Romans 11:2-4

This is so cool because it reminds me of how we can be too. Sometimes we think we are going at it alone but God reminds us that we aren't. This is good to remember.

What prompts me to action?
"You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Romans 13:9b

Such a simple quote to memorize. Not so simple to put into action. I tend to be concerned most about me. That is my natural reaction in life but it isn't the right one. We need to love others like we are loving ourselves. I have some work to do in this area.

An interesting fact:
"Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God." Romans 13:1

This is sometimes hard for us to understand or take when we see people that don't do what is right or moral in positions of authority. But God is able to work His will even through evil leaders. We need to remember that.

What jewels did you find in God's word this past week?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin