Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Daily Bible Reading Challenge

  I am later getting this posted than I planned but late or not I wanted to share some of the nuggets I found in God's word this past week....

Scripture that touched my heart:
"I gave you a land on which you have not labored, and cities which you had not built, and you have lived in them; you are eating of vineyards and olive groves which you did not plant." "Now, therefore, fear the Lord and serve Him in sincerity and truth; and put away the gods which your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt,  and serve the Lord. If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:13-15

It is always inspiring to hear someone stand up for doing what is right. When they are willing to take the chance and do it on their own if necessary that inspires me to be willing to do the same.

What caused me to worship God more?
"The people answered and said, "Far be it from us that we should forsake the Lord to serve other gods; for the Lord our God is He who brought us and our fathers up out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage, and who did these great signs in our sight and preserved us through all the way in which we went and among all the people through whose midst we passed. The Lord drove out from before us all the peoples, even the Amorites who lived in the land. We also will serve the Lord, for He is our God." Joshua 24:16-18

 Reading about how God did amazing things in the past - and realizing that He is truly the same mighty God today - gives me reason to worship. God can do anything!

What prompted me to action?
"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7

Prayer is something that is very necessary for a close relationship with our God and Father - it is also something where I have a lot of room for growth. It can be so easy to just try to do things on my own. To try to have self-control in my eating with my own power rather than asking for God's strength, to try to be loving, gentle and kind without continually seeking God's help. It goes much better when I remember that I have a loving God who wants to help me but wants me to ask.

What interesting fact did I see?
"Not everyone who says to Me, "Lord, Lord," will enter the kingdom of heaven, but He who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to Me on that day, "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name and in Your name cast out demons, and in You name perform many miracles:" And then I will declare to them, "I never knew you; depart from Me you who practice lawlessness." Matthew 7:21-23

I think there are going to be many that are surprised on that final day. I hope that none of us are among them. Let's truly seek to know and do God's will. We can read His word to find out His will for our lives.


 What gems did you find in God's word lately? I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin